... UNDER CONSTRUCTION ...
To do... Baldassarre and Mirolli (2013).
Research specific problems
- What are the specific... ?
- What is the interplay...?
- Psychological/cognitive experiments with primates, especially humans (human adults, children, apes/monkeys).
Examples of research of this type carried out by the group
(see full references below; the pdf files of the paper are retrievable from here)
- Caligiore et al. (in press).
Requested motivations of the candidate
- Strong interest in the topic and motivation to carry out research on it (very important)
- Desire to acquire the knowledge and methods of the group
Requested knowledge of the candidate
- University-level knowledge on ...
- (Possibly) University-level knowledge on ...
Requested skills of the candidate
- Capacity to read and understand scientific papers in English
- (Possibly) capacity to contribute to the design of experiments...
- Capacity to carry out experiments with...
- Capacity to contribute to write reports in English
- Baldassarre, G. (2011). What are intrinsic motivations? A biological perspective. In IEEE ICDL 2011, e1-8.
- Baldassarre, G., Mannella, F., Fiore, V.G., Redgrave, P., Gurney, K., Mirolli, M. (2013). Intrinsically motivated action-outcome learning and goal-based action recall: A bio-constrained computational model. Neural Networks, 41, 168-187.
- Baldassarre, G., Mirolli, M. (eds.)(2013). Intrinsically motivated learning in natural and artificial systems. Berlin: Springer.Barto A., Mirolli M., Baldassarre G. (2013). Novelty or surprise? Frontiers in Cognitive Sci., 4 (907).