The ISTC Library makes available access to the Staff to approximately 43,000 electronic resources consultable within the Institute's premises.
It is also possible to access to the online information resources (journals and databases activated by CNR) also from external locations through the portal Biblioproxy by authentication system "SIPER".
Currently, the ISTC Library provides the access to the following editorial packages:
- Annual Reviews 51 titles in biomedicine, physics and social sciences.
- Association for Computing Machinery (149 journals, 1005 proceedings)
- Elsevier (ScienceDirect) 3230 titles on all subject areas.
- IEEE/IEE Magazines, Conferences and IEEE and IET Standards that contains approximately one third of the current world literature in electrical engineering, electronics, telecommunications and computer science.
- JSTOR (Journal STORage) (640 titles) subscribed collections: Arts & Sciences I- Arts & Sciences II - Arts & Sciences VII - Mathematics & Statistics
- Nature 40 titles of the publisher Nature Publishing Group.
- Oxford University Press, 335 titles in humanities and social sciences, natural sciences and medicine.
- PNAS Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the USA, access from Vol. 1, (1915) –
- PsycARTICLES database full-text of 110 journals of the American Psychological Association, access via username e password.
- Sage 521 journals in social, humanities, medical and natural sciences.
- Science on-line access from Vol.275 (1997)-
- Springer 3640 journals, multidisciplinary areas.
- Taylor & Francis Group (including Routledge, Psychology Press, CRC Press Garldand and Science), multidisciplinary, offers a catalog of over 2100 titles ranging from information technology to social sciences.
- Wiley-Blackwell 2100 titles, multidisciplinary areas.
- Eric the largest database in the educational sciences, since 1966, free access
- InCites Journal Citation Report (Impact Factor journals) tool for evaluating and comparing the scientific journal, on-line since 1999
- Web of Science considered the main tool for assessment of the citations: about 11,500 journals from 1970; it indexes bibliographies from 2008, it contains more than 100,000 conference proceedings
- PubMed database of the National Library of Medicine - National Institutes of U.S. Health, free access
- SCOPUS Elsevier database for the citation and h-index of a given author