The mission of ISTC is so defined by its deed of partnership:
The Institute is involved in research, enhancement, technological transfer and training activities in the following scientific areas and as far as the following themes are concerned:
- Cognitive, communicative and linguistic processes: acquisition, elaboration, deficit, multimodality, communication technologies.
- Theory, analysis and technology of spoken language and of linguistic variability.
- Cognitive development, learning and socialization in children and non-human primates.
- Artificial intelligence, artificial life, artificial societies.
- Cognitive technologies, neural networks, autonomous robotics.
- Social cognition: behaviour, motivations, cultural transmission and cultural processes.
- Decision-making and cooperation technologies.
- Environmental quality, health and society: prevention, education, integration, handicap, technological planning.