The key fields of investigation are:
- Precision Electroceuticals (Top10Tech by World Economic Forum 2018)
- personalized neuromodulation, home treatments, clinical biomarkers, tailored therapy, telemedicine, hybrid technology, wearable communication devices,
- electrophysiology, magneto- and electro-encephalography and electromyography (MEG, EEG, EMG), fractal dimension, Functional Source Separation (FSS), feedback-synchrony-plasticity, morphology,
- transcranial magnetic and electric stimulation (TMS, tES with transcranial Individual neuroDynamics Stimulation, tIDS),
- fatigue, stroke, depression, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy.
- 128 EEG BP actiCHamp and polygraphic channel system (Brain Products, Germany)
- Interactive Pressure Sensor (InPresS) developed in-House on Arduino board
- tDCS stimulators (2 BrainSTIM, EMS srl, Italy)
- TMS SuperRapid Stimulator (Magstim, Germany)
- Neuronavigation system composed of a position sensor, made of the IR Polaris Vicra optical tracking unit, equipped with SofTaxic software (EMS srl, Bologna, Italy)
- Software suites for advanced signal processing and statistics.