Diego Reforgiato Recupero
Via Gaifami, 18 - 95028 Catania (CT)
- semantic web;
Diego Reforgiato Recupero is an associate Professor at the University of Cagliari in Computer Science. He is a programmer, software developer, automation and ICT expert. He holds a double bachelor from the University of Catania in computer science and a doctoral degree from the Department of Computer Science of University of Naples Federico II. In 2005 he was awarded a 3 year Post Doc fellowship with the University of Maryland where he won the Computer World Horizon Award in the USA for the best research project on OASYS, an opinion analysis system commercialized by SentiMetrix. In 2008, he won a Marie Curie International Grant to fund a 3 year Post Doc fellowship with the Department of Electrical, Electronic, and Computer Science Engineering (DIEEI) at the University of Catania where he won the “Best Researcher Award 2012” at the University of Catania for a project about the development of a green router nearing commercialisation. In the same year he got to the winning podium of the “Startup Weekend” event held in Catania and was a winner of Telecom Italia Working Capital Award with the project “Green Home Gateway”. He is co-founder of SentiMetrix, where he served on the board of directors. He is a patent co-owner in the field of data mining and sentiment analysis (20100023311). Dr. Reforgiato is also a co-founder of R2M Solution, where he currently serves on the board of directors. In March 2013 he published his first paper on SCIENCE, “Toward a Green Internet”, where he is the only author. Since July 2013 he has been a Post Doctoral Researcher at CNR working within the ISTC-STLAB group on semantic web and natural language processing. He has research experience across a wide array of industrial and FP7 research projects most recently in the fields of p2p video streaming and energy saving in telecommunication networks.
Check http://people.unica.it/diegoreforgiato/ for other info.
• “A Machine Reader for the Semantic Web”, Aldo Gangemi, Valentina Presutti, Francesco Draicchio, Andrea Giovanni Nuzzolese, Diego Reforgiato, accepted to International Semantic Web Conference 2013.
• “FREE – Fast Reroute for Energy Efficiency”, D. Reforgiato, V. Riccobene, accepted to IEEE INFOCOM 2013.
• "Exposing Energy-Aware Capabilities in Next Generation Network Devices," R. Bolla, R. Bruschi, F. Davoli, P. Donadio, L. Fialho, M. Collier, A. Lombardo, D. Reforgiato, V. Riccobene, T. Szementhy, 2nd IEEE Workshop on Telecom. Standards: From Research to Standards, collocated with IEEE ICC 2013, Budapest, Hungary, June 2013.
• "Exporting Data-Plane Energy-Aware Capabilities from Network Devices toward the Control Plane: The Green Abstraction Layer," D. Reforgiato, A. Lombardo, F. Davoli, L. Fialho, M. Collier, P. Donadio, R. Bolla, R. Bruschi, Proc. of 17th European Conf. on Network and Optical Communications (NOC 2012), IEEE, June 2012, Vilanova i la Geltru, Spain, (Invited Paper).
• “Measuring and modeling Energy Consumption to design a Green NetFPGA Giga-Router”, Alfio Lombardo, Carla Panarello, Diego Reforgiato, Giovanni Schembra, Globecom 2012, Anaheim, CA - Symposium on Selected Areas in Communications. Pages 3086-3091.
• “A Markov Model to Control Heat Dissipation in Open Multi-Frequency Green Routers”, Alfio Lombardo, Diego Reforgiato, Vincenzo Riccobene, Giovanni Schembra, accepted to the Second IFIP Conference on Sustainable Internet and ICT for Sustainability 2012
• “Modeling Temperature and Dissipation Behavior of an Open Multi-Frequency Green Router”, Alfio Lombardo, Diego Reforgiato, Vincenzo Riccobene, Giovanni Schembra, accepted to IEEE Online Conference on Green Communications 2012
• “Crossover opportunities between the fields of Structural Control and Energy Efficiency”, Thomas Messervey, Andrea Costa, Diego Reforgiato, accepted to EACS 2012, 5° European Conference on Structural Control, Genoa, Italy, 18-20 June 2012
• “Modeling Temperature and Dissipation Behavior of an Open Multi-Frequency Green Router”, Vincenzo Riccobene, Alfio Lombardo, Diego Reforgiato, Giovanni Schembra, accepted to GTTI2012.
• “Power control and management in the NetFPGA Gigabit Router”, Alfio Lombardo, Carla Panarello, Diego Reforgiato, Giovanni Schembra, Published in: Future Network and MobileSummit 2012 Conference Proceedings, Paul Cunningham and Miriam Cunningham (Eds), IIMC International Information Management Corporation, 2012, ISBN: 978-1-905824-29-8.
• “A cross-layer Markov model of a multirate video source multiplexer for adaptive ARQ wireless links”, Alfio Lombardo, Carla Panarello, Diego Reforgiato, Giovanni Schembra, 10th Workshop on Process Algebra and Stochastically Timed Activities. PASTA 2011. Ragusa, 19-20 September 2011.
• “Real-time multicast P2P video streaming architecture based on scalable multiple descriptions”, Lorenzo Favalli, Marco Folli, Alfio Lombardo, Diego Reforgiato, Giovanni Schembra, in proceedings of 2011 NEM Summit, 27-29 September, Politecnico di Torino, Italy, 2011.
• “Network Resource Monitoring for Capacity Scaling: an Approach to Minimize Energy Consumption in Internet Access Routers”, C. Panarello, A. Lombardo, D. Reforgiato, G. Schembra, accepted to Green Communications area of GTTI 2011, Taormina.
• “A flexible router for on-fly dynamic packet management in NetFPGA platform”, A. Lombardo, C. Panarello, D. Reforgiato, E. Santagati, G. Schembra, accepted to Future Networks area of GTTI 2011, Taormina.
• “A module for packet hijacking in NetFPGA platform”, A. Lombardo, C. Panarello, D. Reforgiato, E. Santagati, G. Schembra, in proceedings of 14th Euromicro Conference on Digital System Design Architectures, Methods and Tools, IEEE Computer Society Washington DC, USA, 2011. ISBN: 978-0-7695-4494-6 DOI:10.1109/DSD.2011.41
• “A Banner Recommendation System Based on Web Navigation History”, G. Giuffrida, D. Reforgiato, G. Tribulato, C. Zarba, in proceedings of the IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence and Data Mining (CIDM), 2011, 11-15 April , pages 291-296, Paris, ISBN 978-1-4244-9926-7 DOI: 10.1109/CIDM.2011.5949437 .
• “Building an Accelerated and Energy-Efficient Traffic Monitor onto the NetFPGA platform”, A. Lombardo, D. Reforgiato, G. Schembra, in proceedings of the 15th World Multiconference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics (WMSCI 2011), July 19-22, 2011 Orlando, Florida, USA.
• “An Accelerated and Energy-Efficient Traffic Monitor using the NetFPGA”, A. Lombardo, D. Reforgiato, G. Schembra, in proceedings of the 19th ACM/SIGDA International Symposium on Field programmable gate arrays (FPGA 2011), pages 277, ACM New York, NY, USA 2011, ISBN 978-1-4503-0554-9 DOI 10.1145/1950413.1950464.
• “Managing P2P Networks For Real-Time Multimedia Communications in Small High-Interactive Groups”, Giuseppe Incarbone, Alfio Lombardo, Diego Reforgiato, Giovanni Schembra, Italian Networking Workshop, Bormio, Italy, January 2010.
• “A P2P Platform based on Rate-Controlled FGS encoding for Broadcast Video Transmission to Heterogeneous Terminals with Heterogeneous Network Access”, D. Reforgiato, A. Lombardo, G. Schembra, Italian Networking Workshop, GTTI 2009. Parma.
• “A Bandwidth-Aware P2P Platform for the Transmission of Multipoint Multiple Description Video Streams”, L. Favalli, M. Folli, A. Lombardo, D. Reforgiato, G. Schembra, Italian Networking Workshop, Cortina D’Ampezzo, Italy, January 2009.
• “CIG: Cultural Island and Games”, John Dickerson, Maria Vanina Martinez, Diego Reforgiato, V.S. Subrahmanian, In proceedings of Second International Conference on Computational Cultural Dynamics (ICCCD). Pages 26-31, September 15-16, 2008, College Park, Maryland
• “Sentiment Analysis: Adjectives and Adverbs are better than Adjectives Alone”, F. Benamara, C. Cesarano, A. Picariello, D. Reforgiato, VS Subrahmanian, in Proceedings of International Conference on Weblogs and Social Media (ICWSM 07) March 26-28 (2007), pp. 203-206, Boulder, Colorado, USA.
• “The OASYS 2.0 Opinion Analysis System: a Demo”, C. Cesarano, A. Picariello, D. Reforgiato, VS Subrahmanian, in Proceedings of International Conference on Weblogs and Social Media (ICWSM 07) March 26-28 (2007), pp. 313-314, Boulder, Colorado, USA.
• “GraphBlast: a Fast and Universal Method for Querying Graphs”, R. Giugno, D. Skripin, A. Pulvirenti, G. Pigola, D. Reforgiato, M. Ragusa, C. Di Pietro, D. Shasha, A. Ferro, poster presentation at World Pharmaceutical Congress. Philadelphia, USA May 23-25 (2006)
• “Annotated RDF”, O. Udrea, D. Reforgiato Recupero, V.S. Subrahmanian, in Proceedings of ESWC European Semantic Web Conference (2006), LNCS Vol. 4011, pp. 487-501, Springer, Heidelberg (2006)
• “OASYS: An Opinion Analysis System”, C. Cesarano, B. Dorr, A. Picariello, D. Reforgiato, A. Sagoff, V.S. Subrahmanian, in Proceedings of AAAI-2006 Spring Symposia on Computational Approaches to Analysing Weblogs (2006), pp. 21-26, Stanford, California, 2006.
• “Clustered Trie Structures for Approximate Search in Hierarchical Ob jects Collections”, R. Giugno, A. Pulvirenti, D. Reforgiato in Proceedings of 3rd International Conference on Advances in Pattern Recognition ICAPR’05, LNCS (2005), Bath, UK, August 22-25, volume 3686/2005, pp. 63-70
• “Graphgrep: a Fast Universal Method for Querying Graphs”, R. Giugno, D. Shasha, D. Reforgiato, A. Pulvirenti, C. Di Pietro. M. Purrello, A. Ferro in Proceedings of 7th National Biotechnology Congress (2005)
• “G. Di Blasi, D. Reforgiato, "Fast Colorization of Gray Images". In Proceedings of Eurographics Italian Chapter 2003, Politecnico di Milano, Italy, 25-26 September 2003.
• “Antipole Clustering For Fast Texture Synthesis”, S. Battiato, A. Pulvirenti, D. Reforgiato in Proceedings of Winter School of Computer Graphics WSCG (2003), February 3-7 2003 Plzen, Czech Repubblic.
• “Frame-based detection of opinion holders and topcs: a model and a tool”, Aldo Gangemi, Valentina Presutti, Diego Reforgiato, accepted to IEEE Computational Intelligence Magazine special issue on Computational Intelligence for Natural Language Processing (CINLP), 2013.
• “A Northbound Interface for Power Management in Next Generation Network Devices”, Raffaele Bolla, Roberto Bruschi, Franco Davoli, Pasquale Donadio, Leonardo Fialho, Martine Collier, Alfio Lombardo, Diego Reforgiato, Vincenzo Riccobene, Tivadar Szemethy, accepted to IEEE Communication Magazine 2013.
• “Design of a Temperature-Constrained Governor to Save Energy in an Open Multi-Frequency Green Router”, Alfio Lombardo, Diego Reforgiato, Vincenzo Riccobene, Giovanni Schembra, accepted to International Journal of Business Data Communications and Networking (IJBDCN), 2013
• “Ambiguity-aware Document Similarity”, Fabrizio Caruso, Giovanni Giuffrida, Diego Reforgiato, Giuseppe Tribulato, Calogero Zarba, International Journal on Natural Language Computing (IJNLC) Vol. 2, No.3, June 2013 DOI: 10.5121/ijnlc.2013.2302
• “Toward a Green Internet”, Diego Reforgiato, Science Magazine, 29 March 2013, Vol. 339 no. 6127 pp. 1533-1534. DOI: 10.1126/science.1235623
• “A Dynamic Jitter-controlled tree-based p2p network topology for multipoint multimedia applications”, Alfio Lombardo, Antonio Masto, Diego Reforgiato, Giovanni Schembra, Journal of Interconnection Networks, Vol. 13, N. 1 & 2, 2012, World Scientific Publishing Company
• "The Green Abstraction Layer: a Standard Power Management Interface for Next- Generation Network Devices", Raffaele Bolla, Roberto Bruschi, Franco Davoli, Lorenzo Di Gregorio, Pasquale Donadio, Leonardo Fialho, Alfio Lombardo, Diego Reforgiato, Tivadar Szemethy, accepted to IEEE Internet Computing, 2012.
• “Design of a service platform for delay-sensitive video streaming applications based on multicast p2p and scalable MDC encoding Computer Communications”, Lorenzo Favalli, Marco Folli, Alfio Lombardo, Diego Reforgiato, Giovanni Schembra, accepted in Computer Communications, ISSN: 0140-3664.
• “NetFPGA Hardware Modules for Input, Output and EWMA Bit-Rate Computation”, Alfio Lombardo, Diego Reforgiato, Vincenzo Riccobene, Giovanni Schembra, accepted to International Journal of Future Generation Communication and Networking, 2012
• “A Comprehensive Platform to Manage Peer Churn and Bandwidth Fluctuations in Real-Time Multimedia P2P Networks”, Giuseppe Incarbone, Alfio Lombardo, Diego Reforgiato, Giovanni Schembra, Journal of Multimedia Tools and Applications, no. 2, December 2011, pp. 1-23, Springer, ISSN: 1380-7501, DOI 10.1007/s11042-011-0943-6.
• “A P2P Platform for real-time multicast video streaming leveraging on scalable multiple descriptions to cope with bandwidth fluctuations”, Lorenzo Favalli, Marco Folli, Alfio Lombardo, Diego Reforgiato, Giovanni Schembra, International Journal of Computer Networks & Communications (IJCNC), November 2011, Volume 3, Number 6, ISSN: 0974 – 9322[Online]; 0975 - 2293[Print], DOI : 10.5121/ijcnc.2011.3605.
• “Performance comparison between the Click Modular Router and the NetFPGA”, Leonardo Linguaglossa, Alfio Lombardo, Diego Reforgiato, Giovanni Schembra, International Journal of Computer Networks & Communications (IJCNC), 2011 Vol 3, Issue 5, Pages 39-52, ISSN 0975 - 2293, DOI : 10.5121/ijcnc.2011.3503.
• “P2P and MPEG FGS Encoding: a Good Recipe for Multipoint Video Transmission in the Internet”, Alfio Lombardo, Diego Reforgiato and Giovanni Schembra, International Journal of Digital Multimedia Broadcasting, Volume 2009 (2009), Article ID 453471, 21 pages, doi:10.1155/2009/453471
• “Annotated RDF”, Octavian Udrea, Diego Reforgiato, VS Subrahmanian, Journal ACM Transactions on Computational Logic (TOCL), Volume 11 Issue 2, pages 10-41, January 2010
ACM New York, NY, USA doi>10.1145/1656242.1656245
• “GrepVS, a Combined Approach for Graph Matching”, Diego Reforgiato, Journal of Pattern Recognition Research, Volume 4, Number 1, pages 14-31, ISSN 1558-884X, 2009.
• “GraphClust: a Method for Clustering Database of Graphs”, D. Reforgiato, R. Gutierrez, D. Shasha, Journal of Information and Knowledge Management (JIKM), Volume 7, Issue 4, pages 231-241, DOI: 10.1142/S0219649208002093, December 2008.
• “AVA: Adjective-Verb-Adverb Combinations for Sentiment Analysis”, VS Subrahmanian, Diego Reforgiato, IEEE Intelligent Systems, Volume 23, Issue 4, pages: 43-50, July/August 2008, doi:10.1109/MIS.2008.57.
• “A new unsupervised method for Document Clustering by using WordNet Lexical and Conceptual Relations”, Diego Reforgiato, Information Retrieval, Volume 10, Issue 6, Pages 563-579, 2007, Springer, DOI: 10.1007/s10791-007-9035-7 .
• “Advanced Indexing Scheme for Imaging Applications: Three-Case Studies”, S. Battiato, G. Di Blasi, D. Reforgiato, IET Image Processing - September 2007 - Volume 1, Issue 3, p. 249-268, ISSN: 17519659.
• “CARA: a Cultural Adversarial Reasoning Architecture”, VS Subrahmanian, M. Albanese, V. Martinez, D. Nau, D. Reforgiato, G. Simari, A.Sliva, O.Udrea, J.Wilkenfeld, IEEE Intelligent Systems,(2007) Vol. 22, N. 2, pp. 12-16, March/April 2007.
• “Antipole Tree Indexing to Support Range Search and K-Nearest-Neighbor Search in Metric Spaces”, D. Cantone, A. Ferro, A. Pulvirenti, D. Reforgiato, D. Shasha, IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE), (2005) vol. 17, n.4, pp. 535-550, ISSN: 1041-4347, DOI 10.1109/TKDE.2005.53.
• “Recommendation Systems for Mobile Devices”, Fabrizio Caruso, Giovanni Giuffrida, Diego Reforgiato, Calogero Zarba, Strategy, Adoption and Competitive Advantage of Mobile Services in the Global Economy in 2011 IGI-GLOBAL.
• “Mobile Marketing: The Challenges of the New Direct Marketing Channel and the Need for Automatic Targeting and Optimization Tools”, Giovanni Giuffrida, Diego Reforgiato, Catarina Sismeiro, Giuseppe Tribulato, In Knowledge Discovery Practices and Emerging Applications of Data Mining: Trends and New Domains, pp. 151-173, 2011, IGI GLOBAL, DOI: 10.4018/978-1-60960-067-9.ch008, ISBN13: 9781609600679, ISBN10: 1609600673, EISBN13: 9781609600693.
• “Efficient Graph Matching”, Diego Reforgiato Recupero, In Encyclopedia of Data Warehousing and Mining, Second Edition. IGI GLOBAL, pages 736-743, 2008, DOI: 10.4018/978-1-60566-010-3.ch114, ISBN13: 9781605660103, ISBN10: 1605660108, EISBN13: 9781605660110
• “Multimedia Presentation Databases”, V.S Subrahmanian, V. Martinez, D. Reforgiato. In Encyclopedia of Databases Systems, pages 1829-1831, (eds. T. Ozsu and L. Liu), Springer Verlag. 2009.
• PRISMA – Piattaforme Cloud Interoperabili per Smart-Government. D4.1.2 – Linked Open Data – Arricchimento e pubblicazione dei dati. Sergio Consoli, Aldo Gangemi, Silvio Peroni, Valentina Presutti, Diego Reforgiato, Daria Spampinato
• PRISMA – Piattaforme Cloud Interoperabili per Smart-Government. D4.3.1 – Tecniche Ibride per la sentiment analysis alle Pubbliche Amministrazioni Locali (PAL). Sergio Consoli, Rino Falcone, Aldo Gangemi, Andrea G. Nuzzolese, Silvio Peroni, Valentina Presutti, Diego Reforgiato, Alessandro Sapienza, Daria Spampinato, Luca Tummolini
• “NetFPGA power consumption: An detailed analysis of the power consumption on the NetFPGA platform varying the input traffic bit rate”, Mario Reale, Diego Reforgiato, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing (April 22, 2012) ISBN-10: 3848444607 ISBN-13: 978-3848444601
• “ANTIPOLE TREE INDEXING AND GRAPHGREPVF: DATA STRUCTURES AND ALGORITHMS FOR OPTIMIZATION AND SEARCHING PROBLEMS IN METRIC SPACES AND GRAPHS”, Diego Reforgiato, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing (June 4, 2010) ISBN-10: 383836838X ISBN-13: 978-3838368382.
• “Disambiguating News Data: a Real-Time Disambiguation System”, Diego Reforgiato, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing (23 giugno 2010) ISBN-10: 3838377176 ISBN-13: 978-3838377179.
• “A Traffic Monitor on NetFPGA platform: Comparisons against a Software Implementation on the Click Modular Router”, Diego Reforgiato, Andrea Reitano, Mario Torrisi, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing (5 january 2011), ISBN-10: 3843381402 ISBN-13: 978-3843381406
• “Topology management for Multicast Video Streaming”, Carmen D’Anna, Diego Reforgiato, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing (January 5, 2011) ISBN-10: 3843391270 ISBN-13: 978-3843391276
• “Energy Consumption in a PC: Hardware and software components that affect the most the consumption”, Diego Reforgiato, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing (10 december 2010) ISBN-10: 3843383588 ISBN-13: 978-3843383585
• “How much energy does a PC consume? An analysis of the most energy demanding components in a PC”, Diego Reforgiato, Salvo Norma, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing (February 17, 2011) ISBN-10: 3843389586 ISBN-13: 978-3843389587
• “Interaction between Smart Grid and Social Web: Strategies for energy efficiency using web-based tools and design of a Facebook plugin”, Nicola Mondello, Antonio Mastrosimone, Diego Reforgiato, VDM Verlag Dr. Müller (21 giugno 2011) ISBN-10: 3639353552 ISBN-13: 978-3639353556
• “NetFPGA Architecture and Hardware Description: An insight of the NetFPGA platform”, Diego Reforgiato, Fabio Battaglia, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing (July 11, 2012), ISBN-10: 3659182133 ISBN-13: 978-3659182136