Indagine sul benessere organizzativo nel CNR
“Survey on organizational well-being in the CNR”
Recently, the Italian public administrations have focused on the issue of organizational well-being following the legislative directives, to which all public administrations have to comply.
Among these, the legislative directive issued in 2004 by the Minister for the Civil Service, requiring to Italian public administrations to implement initiatives for the promotion of organizational well-being. In Italy, between 2003 and 2013, 300 public administrations evaluated their organizational well-being within the Magellano project, sponsored by the Department of Public Administration.
The action-research on organizational well-being in the CNR took place in a period of cultural changes that have involved all Italian public administrations. The main purpose of the research project was to promote the well-being of CNR employees, through the identification of factors that promote or hinder well-being in the specific context, the assessment of the health state of the organization and the planning of actions aimed at its improvement.
The project was implemented by a working group composed of multidisciplinary professional profiles, in which research skills and administrative competences were integrated.
The project is divided into the following phases, in which employees were involved:
- in-depth analysis of models and theories, identification of existing research tools used for the evaluation of organizational well-being;
- implementation of focus groups involving employees with different professional roles and profiles, aimed at identifying the point of view of the participants on dimensions of organizational well-being;
- development of a questionnaire for evaluation of the organizational well-being in the CNR, filled out by all employees by using ad-hoc software;
- identification of specific needs related to compilation of the questionnaire and realization of specific initiatives to support it;
- communication and awareness activities, realized within and outside the Agency, during all phases of the research.
The research and communication products include: a series of books on the organizational well-being, a web page dedicated to the project and a final research report.
Project funding: CNR – Italian National Research Council
Funding source: CNR
Project Timeframe: Fri, 01/01/2010 - Mon, 31/12/2012
ISTC Contact Person: Antonella Rissotto
Coordinator: Project manager: Gianpiero Ruggiero; Scientific advisor: Antonella Rissotto
ISTC Groups: Evaluation Research Group
Partners: Working group: Gianpiero Ruggiero; Antonella Rissotto; Elisa Colì; Riccardo Coratella; Luca Giachi; Stefania Giuffrida; Oriana Ippoliti; Tiziana Micolitti; Serena Pagani
Keywords: Organizational health promotion; organizational well-being; action research; evaluation.